Post by Frank »

Hello,

did someone test the version a) shown here:

Regards,
Frank

Pssymon

Re: Kind of output pipe

Post by Pssymon »

I have played around with version a since I don't really have a deep enough water source to properly use the small Airlift I have built.
As for output compared to a 90 degree elbow, I don't know how it will differ.
I am quite sure we haven't tested it like that, not officially at least.

Frank

Post by Frank »

I would expect the same or a better result with version a). The problem for me is to test, because changing my system is a lot of effort. :cry:

Regards,
Frank

Pssymon

Post by Pssymon »

The water displacement should be the same, maybe even better as you say. The problem is that the water will escape upwards in every direction.
This will make it impossible to use a T-piece to let excess air escape. Normally the elbow directs the entire flow neatly in one direction, you'd have to find an alternative solution.
I guess we could maybe test it somehow, but the practical problems may be too great to implement this.

Frank

Post by Frank »

At the end of the airlift a flat bowl is needed on top. This bowl has an outlet to the pond or bio filter.

bjornd

Post by bjornd »

All three versions are used, version B at the most.
i know two ponds with version A, one of them uses three separate airdiscs (membrane) and pumps on one 315mm riser pipe.he has a stainless plate, where the pipe is going thru, but just a few cm's, when he turns on his lift, the water flows back over the plate.