Multiple airlifts

In depth subjects relating to Airlift.
Frank

Multiple airlifts

Post by Frank »

Hallo guys,

does anybody use multiple airlifts with just one air pump? Is the output nearly the same on all airlifts?

Best regards,
Frank

Pssymon

Re: Multiple airlifts

Post by Pssymon »

Hi,
As far as I know it should be possible. Using a 40W pump to run two Airlifts should yield similar results as using two 20W pumps.
I'll notify Marc, he knows for sure.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Hi,

I even saw a video of a pond with 5 airlifts with one or two air pumps. But the doubt is, if all air lifts could get the same amount of air.

Thanks,
Frank

Pssymon

Post by Pssymon »

I see.
It should be fairly simple. There are various airflow dividers available that divert the airflow into multiple channels. You can regulate the flow individually with small valves. You should be able to adjust them and compare the flow on each Airlift by eye.

I'm not sure if it will be beneficial for your energy consumption though. Another danger is that if the big pump fails, every Airlift fails. If you use multiple smaller pumps you have a couple of backups just in case. It really depends on what you want to accomplish.

Marcje

Post by Marcje »

Frank wrote:Hallo guys,

does anybody use multiple airlifts with just one air pump? Is the output nearly the same on all airlifts?

Best regards,
Frank
Hey Frank,

This is possible, but provided the airlifts on the same depth and with overcapacity of the air pump
If you not meet that condition, and you start the airlifts together, then shall one of hen not good woorking, or not working ....

Greetings

Marc
Self-knowledge is the beginning of all wisdom

Frank

Post by Frank »

Thanks Marc, I will try.

Regards,
Frank