Good pump and attachment?

Numerous parts will get a job done, but which works best? Discuss here.
xberg

Good pump and attachment?

Post by xberg »

Hi,

I found these airpumps:
https://aliexpress.com/item/32875939838.html
Between 20 and 35€ and seem powerful enough at 30-75 l/min of air.

Questions:
- is this a decent pump for airlifting?
- how do you attach this pump to the airlift? In the videos here you show a 20mm PVC pipe: how do you attach the hose to the pipe? What kind of hose do I need (a simple garden water hose?)

thanks

Pssymon

Re: Good pump and attachment?

Post by Pssymon »

Good day,

I have seen the brand before, but I have no personal experience with these pumps.
Good results have been achieved with Secoh pumps. The older model, the SLL-20 for example. I believe they recently became available again.
Alternatively I would personally go with a Secoh JDK-30, or bigger depending on the usage.

As for connecting to the airlift, a standard garden hose is 13mm, so that would not fit. Most pond shops stock different diameters of air hose. There are lots of connectors available that will connect the desired diameter hose to your pump.

Frank

Post by Frank »

The linked air pumps are inefficient.

Regards,
Frank

xberg

Post by xberg »

Thanks!
I have received the linked airpump. I will build my airlift and report results!
Talk to you soon.

Pssymon

Post by Pssymon »

Good luck with it. My remaining tip would be, if you really have to lift 30cm with the airlift, try to use a smaller diameter rising pipe. This will hurt your maximum output but using our standard model for 30cm discharge head situations will probably give you no output at all. If you have any further questions feel free to get back at us.