New pond powered with airlift

Share your own pond.

Re: New pond powered with airlift

Postby Bartol » Sat 14 Jul 2018, 18:18:31

Thanks a lot to Roy in a detailed explanation and drawings !!!
As soon as I work, I'm sending the picture to the forum.

thanks a lot and best regards!

Bartol
Bartol

Postby Bartol » Sun 15 Jul 2018, 9:07:21

Hey Roy,

What to put on top of each small 75 mm drains in a bottom of each chamber?

Thanks,

Bartol
Bartol

Postby Bartol » Sun 15 Jul 2018, 20:51:37

Hey Roy and the rest of the gang,

Just one more question. Do I leave the wall skimmer opening where is and whether I connect it with the pipe of bottom drains?
Bartol

Postby Pssymon » Tue 17 Jul 2018, 1:40:00

Bartol wrote:Hey Roy,

What to put on top of each small 75 mm drains in a bottom of each chamber?

Thanks,

Bartol

Bartol wrote:Hey Roy and the rest of the gang,

Just one more question. Do I leave the wall skimmer opening where is and whether I connect it with the pipe of bottom drains?

Hey Bartol,

You should be able to buy bottom drains in different sizes. I think you can buy them in 75mm, I will check to make sure. Alternatively you can make them just like where the bottom drains come up in the first chamber, but saw them off at ground level. Later you can pour your floor around the drain. So in this example, a piece of 75mm PVC enters the chamber horizontally (just below the floor/wall of the filter chamber), at the middle of the chamber a 90 degree elbow is glued on, then a short length of PVC can stick straight up and function as the drain. Perhaps the elbow is enough, it depends on the placement height.

About the skimmer; You can use that space just fine. But there is something you need to pay attention to that is indeed not visible in the drawings.

Each 110mm bottom drain needs its own 110mm PVC drain line into the first chamber.
If you combine these drains you will cut your capacity in half. One bottom drain can pass 8000 litres an hour with an Airlift system. If you use two this means your theoretical max. yield is 16.000 liters.
In my drawing the drain pipes are on top of each other, but you can also place them side by side. It depends on what will be easier when you are building.
Another thing to keep in mind; Keep bends to a minimum. If you can finish your bottom drain pipe with two bends this is always better than using three or four. Also, only use 90 degree bends when you absolutely have to. Smaller angles cause less drag.

So about your skimmer, try to build it into the wall and build another 110mm line which also ends in your first filter chamber. In this case I would enter the first chamber horizontally near where your waterline is going to be. This is beneficial because the skimmer is going to draw in floating debris that we want to keep away from the Crielsieve. This can be done by building a small frame in the first chamber, I will assist you with that when you get to that stage.
Also, make sure to place the skimmer outlet near the right side of the first chamber (next to the bottom drains).
Pssymon

Postby Bartol » Wed 18 Jul 2018, 8:31:23

Thanks Roy!! :good:
Bartol

Postby Bartol » Tue 25 Sep 2018, 12:44:50

Hey guys!

I'm interested how to make entrance from the bottom drain to the first filter chamber ? Is this pictures correct ? Is there a need to place the valve ?
Thanks!

Bartol

Postby Pssymon » Sat 29 Sep 2018, 20:14:41

Hey Bartol,

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy and then became ill a couple of days ago.

I will ask Marc about the valves to be absolutely sure.
Pssymon

Previous

Return to Your pond