Possible collector option

In depth subjects relating to Airlift.

Possible collector option

Postby Twhitenosugar » Thu 14 Jun 2018, 20:10:54

Hi

I've recently been looking for a suitable container to use as a collector and have really struggled to find anything that ticks all the boxes, so I'm guessing many others have too.

Well after a lot of research the best option I've come across so far is a slimline water tank sold by a company called endura. Here is the link: https://www.enduratank.co.uk/tanks/vert ... al-tank-2/

It looks tall enough, has two flat sides which I'm planning on attaching two 4" tank connectors for the inlet and outlets. I'm also thinking of attaching a tank connector on the inside of the outlet with the tail of the tank connector cut down so that the elbow of the airlift can fit onto the end of it to hold it in place, if that makes sense?

Hopefully you may find the tanks sold through the link useful. But I'd be interested to see what others have used as a collector.

As I've said in another thread, I question whether a collector is even needed. I'm sure you could get a decent (But probably not the highest) flow by just attaching your filter outlet pipe to the bottom of the airlift. But until there's evidence that method will produce sufficient flow, looks like I'll have to stick to improvising a makeshift collector.

Tom
Twhitenosugar

Return to Technical discussion