Airlift straight from BIO CHAMBER

In depth subjects relating to Airlift.
slk

Airlift straight from BIO CHAMBER

Post by slk »

I plan to install 6x airlifts straight from BIO CHAMBER which will be working as a collector. Total volume is about 4m3. There will be also HELLX-13 KLL+. Thats why I have to place screen on the end of airlift to stop HELLX to get inside.

I have two options, what do you think, which one is better?

Pssymon

Re: Airlift straight from BIO CHAMBER

Post by Pssymon »

Hi slk,

I think both options will work fine. I would pick depending on how you could fit the Airlift the easiest. Make sure you don't lose too much height by fitting that screen under the Airlift. It should still ideally be around 170cm long. It depends on how deep your bio chamber is so you can still properly fit the 170cm Airlift without having any discharge head.
Now that I'm thinking about it a bit more, maybe use option A and make the screen as long as possible. This could very well become a bottleneck since you're restricting flow with both a screen and moving media that can partly clog the screen.

slk

Post by slk »

About the screen - I was thinking of 50 cm for each airlift - will it be ok?

Pssymon

Post by Pssymon »

50cm sounds very reasonable. I can't say for sure as this is a very specific application. But I believe I have seen similar setups work with a smaller screens just fine. I would expect this to be more than enough.